If you ever caught forgetting your IP address While changing router configuration. Without IP address you can not surf the Internet. Knowing IP address it’s vitally important even for the basic Online usage like a weather report.
In the Tech world, a default gateway is known as IP Address. In windows devices, IP address is called as the default gateway in the interface. While in the Macs, iPhones, and iPads known as the router in their interfaces.
Your router’s IP address is the Default Gateway in your network connection information on Windows. If you prefer using the Command Prompt, you can find the default gateway for any connection quickly by using the ipconfig command in your PC. But Finding IP Address In Macs, iPhones, and iPads is little Difficult. Here is the way to Find an IP address
Note : Configure your router using default ip address 192.168.l.254
IP Address in Mac OS
If you’re using a Mac, Finding the IP address is pretty easy and straightforward.
- Click the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- click the Network icon In the System Preferences window.
- Select Your Network connection and then Click on advanced
- Select the TCP/IP tab
- You’ll see your router’s IP address listed simply as Router.
IP Address iPhone or iPad :
On an iPhone or iPad, just head to Settings
- Go to settings
- Click on the WiFi
- And then select the name of your WiFi network.
- Note the IP address that listed as Router.
Find Router IP Address in Android
Unlike the Mac os and phone android Oddly enough to find Router IP address.
- Select Apps on the main screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Choose Wireless & networks.
- Select the network that you are currently connected.
- The IP Address should be displayed with the other Network info.
Find Router IP Address in Linux
It’s not a difficult task to find router/modem IP address in Linux. You usually find a network icon in the notifications.
- Click on the Network icon in the notification area
- Select Connection Information
- Check for the Default route or Gateway
- The Unique ID next to the Default Router is Your IP address
And now that you know generally what to look for and where, you should also be able to find your router’s IP address without too much trouble on devices we haven’t covered, too. Any device that allows you to connect to the network and view information about the network connection should display it. Just look under the network connection settings for anything listing a gateway, router, or default route address.
Find Router IP Address in Windows
If you prefer, you can also find the default gateway address through the graphic interface. First, open the Control Panel. Just click Start, type “control panel,” and then hit Enter.
- Go to the Control Panel
- Click on the Network and Internet
- Select View network status and tasks link from the visible options
- At the top of the Network and Sharing Center, you will find your Name of the Network
- Click on the Name of Your Network
- Click on the Details in the Ethernet Status window.
- In the Network Connection Details window, You will find Your router’s IP address named as IPv4 Default Gateway
The IP address is more important because the address you’ll have to type into your browser in order to locate your router’s web-based setup page where you can configure its settings.